When babies begin eating solid food, new patterns develop that are key to future nutrition and overall health.
Here are some ways you can promote healthy eating in your child.
• Create routines and structure. Try to keep meals at roughly the same time each day.
• Don't force them to eat. Children might wind up eating less. Offer choices if possible.
• Let them get up from the table frequently. Babies and toddlers have short attention spans and can't sit still for too long.
• Connect with your child and other family members. Don't let them eat alone. Time your baby’s eating with other family members, and bring her to the table.
• Allow your child to eat with their hands and explore food, especially new items. Let them get familiar with the sights and smells at the table.
• Turn off the TV and put away phones at mealtime. Talk as a family instead.